1. All elements are vintage, antique, handmade, or hand-cast and are sourced from collectors, estates, and makers. Great effort is made to ensure that all designer buttons, charms, and baubles are truly authentic. Idlewild started as a hobby that was born from a love for jewelry and estate/vintage sale shopping.
2. Idlewild Jewelry Co. is named for the first street address of our owner/ designer and her husband after they married in 1997.
3. “Idlewild” was coined in the 1800s by a poet describing a piece of property, and was used to mean “making something beautiful out of nothing.”
4. Every piece is tagged with the handwritten age and sourcing information of each element. Also, each piece is named. This creates personality for each Idlewild creation.
5. Each design is one-of-a-kind, and only certain earrings are duplicated.