1. All elements are vintage and sources from collectors and estates. Great effort is made to ensure that all designer items are truly authentic. (Idlewild started as a hobby that was born from a love for jewelry and estate/vintage sale shopping!)
2. Idlewild Jewelry Co is named for the first street address of our owner/ designer and her husband after they married in 1997.
3. “Idlewild” was coined in the 1800s by a poet describing a piece of property, and was used to mean “making something beautiful out of nothing.”
4. Every piece is tagged with handwritten age and sourcing information of each element. Also, each piece is named. This creates personality for each Idlewild creation.
5. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and almost never duplicated. Occasionally, there may be a lot of vintage chain and the same available buttons so a similar piece can be made. But, for the most part, IJC creations are truly OOAK.